* Model Jourdan Dunn winks her way onto the cover of i-D Magazine’s September 2008 issue…
* Sooooo…Obama is getting his own fashion line. Well, sort of! Starting next month items such as totes & tees will be on sale at Obama.com, but these come with a twist…
…they’ll be designed by Diane Von Furstenberg, Derek Lam, & other CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) members, including Tracy Reese, whose scoop neck design can be seen above. This also isn’t the only fashion initiative tied to the Obama campaign this season – Anna Wintour hosted a dinner for Michelle Obama last month & Mrs. Obama was also the inspiration for the September cover of Harper’s Bazaar, which featured Tyra Banks. NYLON Guys also makes the jump – they’ve donated their entire back cover to the Obama campaign, a first for a national fashion title. Do you all think this will hurt Obama? Especially since he’s been put in the light of a Paris Hilton-esque “celebrity.” You know I’m lovin’ it! ; ) [via the Washington Post]
* I don’t really do too much legal jargon except for Law & Order: SVU, but when I heard about the possibility of free make-up I jumped on the legal bandwagon to get the scoop. Here’s what I learned:
Department stores such as Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Nieman’s, Saks, Lord & Taylor, & Nordstrom, made a pact that they’d only sell cosmetic products at the suggested retail price. By doing this, there’s no competition between stores, no discounts, & the consumer is cheated. This is called price fixing, & it’s in violation of antitrust laws, if you want to use your legal vocab today. It happened with big cosmetic brands too! CK One, CK Be, Prescriptives, M.A.C. Clinique, and Chanel No. 5 were all involved. They’re all being punished with having to give away $175 million worth of products starting in 2009! With that said let the freebies begin! Here’s how to score your $25 worth:
1. Sign a form that says you purchased the covered products between May 29, 1994, and July 16, 2003, and you’re a resident of the United States.
2. Enter in your e-mail and mailing address here or call 877-604-5776 to leave your name and mailing address.
3. Wait for the alert that tells you you’re eligible.
4. Then get $25 worth of free makeup!
For more info you can go to: Cosmetics Cases Settlement Website [Official Website]
What girl doesn’t love free make-up?!!